Top 5 Stress-Busting TipsBy
What are the first things to suffer?
Your relationship to God, your workouts, food preparation (if you even had that in the first place), schedules and breathing!
1. Spend 10 minutes in prayer daily. Life always gets crazy. If you don’t have God in your life, then you most likely think you have to bear the burdens of life all by yourself. No wonder life can feel so overwhelming!
2. Ramp up your exercise. Yeah, you heard that! The weather is nice and outdoor activity is easier. Plan more days, not necessarily longer periods of activity. If you only performed 3 days of exercise, do 5 or 6. Take an active rest day once weekly (gardening, house cleaning, walking the dog an extra time).
3. Make food prep a priority. If you have kids or a seasonal job, then you are off your typical routine. Cook or grill your meats in larger batches and portion them out for the week. As soon as you get home from shopping, wash, cut and store your vegetables. You will make it so easy to grab and go or bring a healthy dish to a picnic without the panic and last-minute unhealthy choices.
4. Make appointments to have “off” time and to exercise. And practice telling your friends or family, “No, Glenda, I have an appointment then. How about if I take Eustice to practice tomorrow?” (Okay, maybe your friend isn’t named Glenda nor does she have a child named Eustice, but you get my drift.)
5. Breathe. Just breathe. In through your nose, down deep into your belly (filling those lower lung chambers) and out through your nose or mouth. Do it 10 times for 10-second exhales. When you stop for air and do some real breathing, suddenly life doesn’t seem so crazy, even if it’s just for a moment. You can have these moments peppered throughout your day, sitting, standing or lying down. Why not?
Was this helpful? What do you do to destress? Post your ideas here.